Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Let the Sunshine In

Have you ever been somewhere~let's say shopping~and the person who waits on you is obviously not having a good day? Or hates her job? And you can tell~you can feel~their unhappiness permeating the air around you? I have started a fun game. Whenever I come across people like that I immediately let the sunshine in. I am as pleasant as I can be. The grouchier they are, the better I treat them. It has been fun to watch. Most people, if given the chance, will let happiness rub off on them. Soon they are smiling and chatting with you, and are grateful that you noticed them. If the person decides not to respond to cheer, I have to let it go and hope their day gets better. But I find that no matter the reaction I get, I am happier anyway.

I'm leaving to girls camp in the morning with some amazing people. Lovely, wonderful girls and leaders. I get nervous when I leave home with people I don't live with. I'm kind of a homebody who likes my own bed and bathroom and space. But I want lots of sunshine and happiness on this trip because it is full of opportunities to BE full of sunshine and happiness. (And there's the fact that we're going to St.George, which is very sunny to begin with.) I have high expectations that I'm hoping will squash my insecurities. I'm blessed because my whole family is taking part in camp and that right there gives me a big boost of happy. Here are a few things that also put happy in my step.

On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
Brighter than the Sun by Colbie Callait
My family
 
Mickey Mouse!

2 comments:

  1. Man, you should move back to Logan. There's a house for sale in my ward!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. That made my whole day. Thanks!! I'll keep that in mind.

      Delete