Saturday, May 4, 2013

Heroes

How do you define a hero? We all have them. I have many, many heroes both on the page and in real life.  Here is what defines a hero for me.

My heroes give their hearts. They know broken hearts can be part of the package of living, but they also know it's worth the price of loving. My heroes do what's right in the face of scrutiny and danger, and political correctness is not in their vocabulary.My heroes are kind.They fight for goodness and decency, no matter what is popular. My heroes keep God at the head of their armies. They only fight when there is no other choice. My heroes lift and love, give and serve, work hard, are not afraid of feelings or sentiment, and see the goodness in life. They make sure the good guy wins. They inspire. I want to be a hero.


Getting through...61-70

-I cry about people I don't even know.

-I cannot stand others suffering or being tortured. I don't have to read about or relive or see pictures of atrocities to understand what happened. I can picture it just fine on my own.

-I do love it when the good guy wins and evil is defeated.

-I take things personally and too much to heart. I assume blame too easily. I'm working on that.

-I want to be a person that never says anything negative about anyone. I'm working on that too.

-I'm a trained dental assistant, but I like working with children much more than dental assisting.

-So I'm a teacher's aide instead.

-Strings in music pierce my very soul. I just love them.

-A good song can change a bad day for me in an instant.

-So can a hug.
 
This is just a tiny sampling of my heroes. To put all of them on here would make a never-ending post!
 
My sweet friend Halee
Walt Disney
Gordon B. Hinckley
My sweet Grandmother, Sarah
My sweet family
 
 
The sweet Wilson Family
The Kailings
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment