Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Quiet in Beautiful Places

It's very late at night and my family is asleep. I am wide awake out on my back porch. From my back porch, in the daylight, I can see the glorious Ben Lomond Peak. It rises above us in all it's majesty. Chad had always told me he wanted to live at the base of Ben and we do. It's a blessing. It's a solid presence in our ever changing world. I'm hoping that being out here in the night with a cool breeze blowing and stars in the sky, I can find a little peace and clarity in my thought process. It's amazing to me that when I can't seem to breathe because my thoughts are eating me alive, there are places right outside my door that I can go to take in fresh air and feel the love God has for me through nature. It's right there waiting if we take the time to go look and be in it. I'm grateful that peace can be found in small things (or big mountains!)
 
Our Family (squinting) on a Ben Lomond Peak hike in 2003
Ben Lomond from my back porch
Traveling up the street towards our house-Ben Lomond in winter
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment