Sunday, May 5, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude

I try to be a grateful person. I have a gratitude journal that I write at least 5 things in every day. I love my life. I know what I have and what I have been blessed with. I know that whatever challenges I am facing at any given time could be so much worse. I know that I have experienced wonderful things in my life that some people in the world will never see or know. When I use a fresh towel after a hot shower I realize there are people on earth that will never know what that feels like. When I take a drink of clean, fresh, cold water I know there are places that will never know the feeling of drinking what I get to drink every day. It's very humbling to me.

I could start listing all the things I am grateful for and my list would never end. Today I am grateful for the amazing, wonderful, kind, generous people I am surrounded by in my home, my job, my community, my church. If I ever start feeling that there isn't any goodness left in the world I need to make sure to look around me first. I am blessed. I am grateful.

We're getting closer....71-80

-I love history, especially when it's personal, and involves someone I can relate to, or am related to.

-I cry when I hear children sing. Every stinkin time.

-I'm a germ freak. Especially since my children have developed my asthma. Chad teases me that I have a Lysol Trigger Finger.

-I do not blame anything I have done on the way I was raised. Anything good I have accomplished occurred because of great parenting on my parents' part.

-I dream about cake. I love cake.

-My family and I are always quoting movies that probably no one else gets the reference to~but we do it anyway.

-I am not afraid of age. It's just a number. But I do not like it that my body won't work as efficiently as it used to. I don't like wearing knee braces on the treadmill.

-I don't like mean people.

-I tend to stock-pile.

-One of my favorite words is CLEARANCE.
 
Some of the movies you will hear my family quoting...
The Muppet Christmas Carol-one of the greatest movies of all time!
 
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
The Princess Bride
Elf
Pirates of the Carribean

No comments:

Post a Comment