Friday, May 10, 2013

Of Shoes--and Ships--and Sealing-Wax

 
I've never been one to believe that things make you happy . I think that people and experiences~and the lessons and blessings that come from them~are what makes us happy people. So I'm a happy person.
 
But. There are some things that can bring a quick smile to my face! I have a pair of shoes on the way and I can hardly wait to get them. I've had my eye on them for a long time;waiting for the price to go down so I could feel good about buying them. I'm so excited. Now I want a pair in every color! *blush*
I've said that I wear a piece of jewelry every day that connects me to someone I love. I found the cutest ring right before my birthday. I wanted it because it just seemed so cute and magical. My sweet husband, along with my parents and in-laws, ordered it for me. I received it a week ago. I love it. It makes me smile EVERY time I look at it! It makes me wistfully remember all the fun Disney time my family has had together and makes me believe in magic all over again. It connects me to so many people I love!
 
Smells are a strong memory trigger for me. I've had a stuffy nose my entire life but I can almost always smell anything around me. Fall and Christmas smells are my favorites and I am a hoarder when it comes to candles, sprays and lotions that can capture those times of the year for me. One of my favorite compliments is to be told I smell good. It's amazing to me how many of my kids at school tell me they love to hug me because I smell good. A good smell is a splurge I can almost always fit in my budget. Because memories are worth a mint!
Bath and Body Works Candles. My stash is much, much bigger.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment