Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Special Box

91-100
-Cleaning puts things in perspective for me.

-I admit it-I love "edgy" things. Not naughty. Edgy. That growl in a singer's voice, a primal scream, a great guitar rif, the thought of doing something a little nervy. I think it lets me vicariously live out my "wild side".         *side note-The song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons illustrates this perfectly!

-I know without a doubt that it truly takes a village to raise a child. I have great, wonderful people in my childrens' villages.

-But I also know that it takes a truly dedicated parent with a sense of right and wrong, with strong,  traditional values, and enormous responsibility to raise a child. And TONS of love.

-I am one of those people who tries to put something together first~and then reads the instructions.

-I am efficient.

-I love fireworks and floating sky lanterns.

-I cry during the fireworks shows at Disneyland.

-I believe in God. I believe that everything I am and everything I have came from Him.

-I love life. It scares me to death. But I love it.
 
I'm mixing it up today. It makes more sense after you know the rest of my list...
I need to go on a cleaning binge like no other. I need perspective. I need my special box.
I had a good day. It was long and busy and full of darling children. I made it. I was so excited to come home and see my wonderful family.  I came home beat, but not feeling too bad about myself....It's amazing how instantaneous a day can change from one seemingly small act. I plummeted. I'm angry with myself for letting it affect me.
I'm determined to move forward. Be happy. Spread joy. I am determined that this be an uplifting place to be. I am going to tell you about my special box. Sometimes it saves me. Mentally, physically, spiritually. Definitely emotionally.It is full of letters and quotes and scraps of paper. It contains any physical piece of written evidence I own that validates me. I have cards from children at school, letters from my children and husband, notes from co-workers and friends, awards, a mini #1MOM trophy, and countless other items that tell me I really am worth something. It now contains a nickel and dime that I received from a couple of 2nd graders that wanted to "tip" me for being great in the lunch room. I have letters from my parents in it. I have it out in front of me.
I'm going to ecourage you to do something for yourself. Make your own little box or special place for valuables like mine. I'm breathing again. I feel like I'm a really good person who cares deeply (and that's what gets me in trouble) about others. I'm going to carry on. I'm going to love as fiercely as I ever have. Because I believe that's what counts.    *my ringtone is Carry On by Fun. It inspires me!

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. I love you and miss you and your dear sweet family so much. I think of you all often and am amazed at how fast your sweet girls are turning into wonderful women!
    much love, Bridgett Echard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet Bridgett! I am printing your comment and putting it in my special box! I love and miss you too.

      Delete