Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Whole Gamut

Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm emotional and I cry at anything from Christmas commercials to children's concerts to holding new babies. My poor children just had to endure me crying at an elementary school choir concert when the kids sang "Rainbow Connection" and "You Raise Me Up". I cry when I'm sad but I also cry alot when I'm happy or when my heart is touched. While I've shed some tears of sadness in the past couple of weeks, I have also been touched in many ways by goodness and kindness. I've been all over the map with my emotions.  And I realize that in the midst of sadness there is almost always someone you can find to lift you or at least understand you.

I have mourned for dear friends who are enduring loss of so many kinds, but I have watched people reach out to them and that calms my heart. That's what it's all about. While I admire goals that are met  and accomplishments that are attained by all those around me I think the greatest ones I want to be known by are showing kindness to others and being a light to any extent I can. I have so much light given to me every day through the grace of great people. I want to pass it on, pay it forward, and give it back, make a difference, brighten a day, show some love.

If you need a little light today, hopefully this will give you even a flicker. Carry on.

Right over my neighbor's house
Outside my front door
Over the Atlantic Ocean
Leaving Nassau, Bahamas
 
 It's a Small World at Christmas (2012)
 
Sending off floating sky lanterns on Christmas Eve 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment