Monday, June 3, 2013

Where There is Light, There is Hope

I just got back from an amazing 4 days at girls camp in St. George. Although I have never experienced such a fast-paced camp, I loved every minute of it. I loved what we did. I loved who I was with. I loved the atmosphere there. I loved the things I learned and was reminded of there. I loved that my whole family was with me while I was there. I loved how I felt there!


Cove Fort UT
There are a zillion things I could talk about. The bonds that were built there, the love and kindness that was shown, the bravery and fortitude exemplified. I could talk about the things that people have survived and how strong they have become through their trials. I could talk about the light that emanated from my young women and the leaders I was with. These people gave of themselves, endured, did selfless service without complaint. They watched out for each other and looked outside of themselves. It was all so very inspiring-beyond any words I could say.


On a tour with a missionary at Cove Fort
The flag waving majestically at Cove Fort
 

I came home feeling tired but refreshed-if that makes sense. I was so far beyond physically exhausted when I got home, but my spirit was recharged, my soul fed, my heart touched. The people I was with are all quite beautiful physically, but the things I learned  with and about each of them made them even more beautiful to me.
Look at all that beauty!
On Dixie Rock
Listening to inspiration on Dixie Rock while overlooking the St. George Temple.
 
At Tuacahn after several hours of service-still smiling.
So what kind of lesson or thought can stand out in 4 days worth of growth and inspiration? How do you choose just one thing? It was actually quite simple to me. Hope was the thing that stood out to me the most. Hope in the future. Hope that my children can do hard things and make it through them stronger than they were before. Hope that there are good people everywhere.  Hope for joy. Hope for goodness. And hope comes from one source. That source is light. Light from God, light from others, physical light and spiritual light. I was surrounded by it in every way. Where there is light, there is hope. I have hope.

Whatsoever is light, is good:Alma 32:35




I couldn't resist -Meghan in the push challenge at Anti-gravity arena.
Cassie doing the same challenge.
 

The very definition of light
 

No comments:

Post a Comment