Tuesday, October 1, 2013

You'll Never Guess

I am in heaven. Each Tuesday and Thursday when I arrive at school, our school choir is practicing. Because Christmas is less than 3 months away (did you realize that?) they are practicing carols. I love it. It starts my day off beautifully and I am in a good mood the entire day after hearing them.

For an elementary school, our choir is quite large~around 100 students. They sound darling but our teacher who directs the choir, and all of the wonderful parents who help her, can bring out the absolute best in the children.  One of my favorite Christmas songs is Somewhere in My Memory (from the Home Alone movies).


I absolutely melt when I hear it. When I walked into work this morning that's what was being sung.  I was mesmerized and humbled by those angelic voices. I actually asked my boss if he could find a way to pipe it out to the playground for me...

I know that there are people who aren't comfortable with Christmas this soon. That's ok. I'm lucky if I get to September before I turn my Christmas music on. I revel in it. I love to live the season all year long. Those who know me know that I mean living the season~not decorating for or celebrating quite yet~but letting the feeling permeate my heart all the time. I can't help it. That feeling is ever~present. I have this sense that on the first Christmas when the Christ-child was born, I was probably singing with the angels at the top of my lungs. I like to think that in heaven my voice could actually sound appealing. It gives me goosebumps to picture it.

At any rate, when people ask how I feel about Christmas music this early...I will say that I love it. I am listening to the Pandora Johnny Mathis Christmas station most days and loving the choir music in the mornings. I love Christmas music almost any time. Except Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment