Sunday, October 13, 2013

Comfort

I have a million thoughts zinging around in my head; things I want to write about and explore more thoroughly. But tonight I'm taking the simplicity route and writing what I feel at this moment.

I've been sick for over 5 weeks. I finally went to the doctor. Yes, I thought I could get well if I waited things out long enough. Now that I have some good meds  fighting infection in me and am thinking more clearly, I am grateful for the comforts I am blessed with and enjoy. I've got a little list of the things that bring comfort to me...

Knowing God is real and that He knows and loves me.

Having my family around me.

Watching a great movie with my husband and children.

Warm, fuzzy socks and cozy blankets.

Living in a day and age where I can get the proper help to get well!

Hot cocoa.

Yummy, homemade stew on a rainy Fall day.

Hearing all my favorite classic Christmas music. I can't stop smiling about it.

Having pumpkin, pecan, cinnamon and caramel scents permeating my home.

Knowing my daughter found a good, kind, wonderful man to marry.

Knowing we are surrounded by goodness even in the midst of a crazy world.

Remembering all the amazing experiences I've had with my family.

Being in Chad's arms where I feel safe and protected.

HOME.



No comments:

Post a Comment