Friday, March 14, 2014

Woah, never gonna give it up

I'm feeling the pressure cooker that life is, and I see others around me feeling it too. That's okay-life is full of pressures, ups and downs, lessons, and trials. I tend to think there is something to be learned from every situation, good or bad, although there are times it takes much longer to realize the purposes in life's adventures than I want to spend living through the tough spots. What isn't okay is when I see people I love falling down, buckling under the pressures. And then staying down. I hurt for them. Don't get me wrong...I buckle too, and I always have help getting back up. I want everyone to be able to have help in getting back on their feet. And yes, there are crushing, heart-wrenching, horrific experiences in life that are hard to come back from. But  you can. Life is good. It is definitely hard in ways I never dreamed of. But there's goodness.

Something I was shown today is: "Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life; getting back up is living."

So to all those who are feeling the heat and succumbing to the darkness, don't give up. You can't. There is hope. There is more. There IS light ahead. You are loved. There are people that understand you. There are people who have been through what you are going through. There are good things ahead. There are miracles in every day. You may have to search for all of these things, but sometimes the search itself is WHAT SAVES US. And if all else fails, listen to a great song.

Just a heads-up....This video is slightly weird, but the song is great!
 
But all the possibilities
No limits just epiphanies

I'm never gonna look back
Woah, never gonna give it up
This is gonna be the best day of my life
 
 

‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
Take you with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I’m on top of the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment