Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This Extraordinary Life

I had an epiphany today as I was watching a movie. I realized that I have an extraordinary life. As I watched the hero thank his Creator for providing an extraordinary life, I was almost knocked over with the realization that I  also have that kind of life. I want to let my Creator, my God know I'm grateful for it. The reason it's extraordinary is because life is just that. No matter what I own, where I live, how much popularity I gain and how many things I can cross off my lists, the experiences I am gaining are amazing, because I get to live them. There's a large portion of this earth's population that has never made it to my ripe age of 43, so thus far I'm a miracle. So is any person alive.

In this grand adventure I'm living, I feel blessed to have been able to experience almost every human emotion there is. Not every emotion is a fun one, but knowing what the hard ones are helps me to experience the good ones more fully and gratefully. I've experienced loss so devastatingly bitter and profound that I worried I wouldn't live through it. I've also known the joy of reunion. I've had to beg ones' forgiveness and had to give it as well. I've felt physical pain so acute it took my breath away, but have reveled in the times I am healthy and whole.  I've been betrayed, but found comfort from others who know that feeling themselves. I've experienced a broken heart many times, but found a love with Chad that is passionate,  real, and true, and one that I treasure completely. I've felt the thrill of  success, as well as the disappointment of defeat. I've given birth, I've watched death.  I have felt fear, I have felt exhilaration. Where I have been discouraged, I have found hope. I have lived, I love, I learn. It's been extraordinary, and I thank my God for it.

Thank you God...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heather how I love you and I thank Heavenly Father for sending you to be here and bless the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete