Sunday, October 5, 2014

Everyone is Beautiful

I am a self-professed people watcher. I love watching the diversity, variety, behavior, mannerisms, personalities,  and habits in people.  I love being in public places (airports, theme parks, beaches, etc) and watching with curiosity,  wonder, awe, (and sometimes horrified fascination) the human race. I love the fact that we are born to be individuals, and that it was divinely constructed to be that way.

Something that occurs to me often is that people are beautiful.  Everyone is beautiful...and not just "in his or her own way". We were all born with the Light of Christ,  which is a beautiful thing in and of itself,  but each individual spirit is beautiful too. I love searching for beauty,  and especially in people.

I have found,  however,  that one thing that makes a difference in a person's beauty is their behavior.  I can meet a person who is beautiful,  and as soon as that person does something kind and selfless they immediately become even more beautiful than they were before.  I realize this is my personal perception, but I'm betting many people have witnessed this phenomenon. I'll admit this can go the opposite direction.  Watching people be mean can change my perception of their beauty as well. But  I believe that most humans are generally good,  and so their  beauty increases more often than not. I'm hoping this happens with me as well. I hope that each act of kindness I do will give more space for heavenly light to shine from me,  and that I don't succumb  to unkind things very often. My goal is never,  but as I'm human I know I will have to be vigilant about it.

 I think everyone wants to feel beautiful...and there is a way to add to beauty every day. I am surrounded by absolutely beautiful people,  and I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment