Monday, September 22, 2014

A Little Cuteness

The things that get me through my work day sometimes are under 5 feet tall. They are full of cuteness, mischievousness and light. They make me smile.

Last week a darling first grader walked up to me during a crazy, hectic, out-of-control lunch time.

Boy: Miss, Heather, I'm so so sorry but there's a gallon of pee over there on the floor.

Me: What?

Boy: Over there by the garbage. I spilled some. There's a gallon of pee over there.

Me: Okay honey-why don't you show me where?

We walked over to the garbage cans and every pea that had been on his tray had rolled onto the floor. It was all I could do not to fall over laughing. I assured him this happens to everyone and set about cleaning it up.


Then while testing a kindergartener for reading, she interrupted the test and this is how the conversation went...

Girl: Do you know I was never born?

Me: Really? Wow! How come?

Girl: Well my dad had this dog that he really loved. She was really old and had the same name as me. She died right before I came, and well, here she is!

Me: Wow! So you're the dog?

Girl: Yup! Now my dad doesn't have to be sad anymore!

And finally today, one of my long time admirers walked up to me. She has been known to hug me tightly then hang from what ever part of me she is attached to. Recently she was told by another adult that her hugs like that were a little too big. Reluctantly she let go and with slumped shoulders walked down the hall. Today during lunch she walked over to have a little chat.

Girl: Heather, I just love you.

Me: Well I love you too!

Girl: Well I love you most. I love you so much I just really, really want to SQUEEZE you! (she stood there literally shaking, her little fists clenched and shaking from her head to her toes.)  Needless to say, I felt loved.

There are fun moments I get to enjoy like this on a regular basis. I love the sunshine I receive from all my kiddos! I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment