Tuesday, September 16, 2014

In Defense

It's got to be said. It is time.

I love America. I love my country, my freedoms, my heritage. I love patriotism. I love hope and goodness. Songs like our National Anthem and The Battle Hymn of the Republic and so many other patriotic songs not only make me think of America and all it stands for~ they are also bright symbols of hope, faith, and all the things I cherish as an American Citizen. I love those songs, and the feelings they give me anywhere, anytime. They make me happy and grateful. They always bring a feeling of unity to those who enjoy America. And we listen with grateful hearts all through each year.


So let's talk about Christmas music. I know, I know...it's only September you say. Well, I am listening to Christmas music. It makes me feel the same way!  I was raised on it. It makes me happy.  It gives me hope. It reminds me of faith and family and all I've been blessed with. It embodies everything good. I love it. It keeps Christ in my thoughts. It makes me want to do good.

This morning choir practice began at my school. Guess what they were singing? Yup-Christmas music. And it made me feel great. It made the kids feel great too. Because they see the joy in it, and not the stress. They live in the feeling it gives them and not the rush of getting the season here. They understand that Christmas isn't just a day, or even a season~it's a state of the heart and where our hearts should always be. Grateful. Full of faith and joy and hope. So I will keep listening, and loving it. I'm not rushing Christmas here, just keeping it close to me always. And I am grateful.

1 comment: