Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Vulnerability Clause

I learned something important today. More like realized, I guess. I realized that EVERYone is vulnerable. Maybe that should be innate knowledge, but it hit me hard today. It became real.

I'm somewhat frightened of life in general. I try to be brave. But I know how vulnerable I am on so many levels. Sometimes I talk myself into thinking that I'm probably the most insecure, the most afraid, the most frightened of anyone around me and that everyone else must have either an easier life than I do, or that they must be so much stronger than I am. Although I try to get through my trials with as much grace as possible, I know that I fall short. I want to be someone who makes life look easy. I want to be a conqueror of fear. I want to ALWAYS show gratitude no matter what I might be facing. I look around me and see fearless leaders and conquerors.  My knee jerk reaction is to feel inadequate, but my goal is to look at them and gain strength myself.

I am blessed to have powerful people in my life. I feel I was blessed today to see that these people are also human. A little insecure, a little frightened, in need of encouragement. Just like me. That insight became something precious for me to tuck away and pull out when I'm feeling small. Hopefully I can use it to look outside of myself and remember we all come with a "vulnerability clause". At the same time, I have to believe we all have the ability to get past our vulnerabilities and work towards our strengths. Knowing others have insecurities doesn't make me think less of them~it helps me to empathize and understand them better. I love those a~ha moments! They help me to LIVE.
courage -- AND -- vulnerability.

No comments:

Post a Comment