Monday, April 25, 2016

The Essentials

Hear me out. I swore I would never do this. When essential oils came into "popularity" I didn't want to be a part of it-especially with the big name brands that cost so very much. I was not about to jump on that bandwagon. But I am a believer.
My stash of essential oils-or at least the stash
my husband knows about...
I am a believer that we humans have truly everything we need on this earth. Many maladies can be remedied or helped from the things of the earth. Much of it has been discovered and much of it has yet to be discovered. Remedies come in the forms modern medicine, alternative therapies, nutrition, minerals, vitamins, and so many more things that don't even occur to us to think about. I believe that God has inspired great minds to research and develop drugs that will help mankind overcome disease and injury. He has also inspired ordinary, everyday men and women to just try something to see if it works, and many times it does! My family has explored every avenue in the remedy cabinet for things from anxiety to cold relief to pain relief. We have used over the counter medications, prescription medications, natural supplements, massage therapy, aromatherapy, and many more.

And the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Revelations 22:2
 
So when Chad's company quite literally pushed an alternative medicine plan on us, and I was able to try a specific brand of oils at a fraction of the cost, I went for it. Now, we have always used aroma therapy in our home. Lavender is one of our staples for sleep and calming. Eucalyptus, camphor and peppermint have always aided us in our many respiratory afflictions. So I began devouring information about oils, mixing them, the best ways to use them and incorporate them into our lives. ***I do not believe there is one answer or cure all for anything or any one. But I do believe that the combination of modern medicine and natural practices can make our lives easier.***

So I am a self proclaimed chemist-in the art of oils anyway. I am a nerd. I am teased for it. But I am good at it. I can't absorb enough information on the way these things of the earth can work together for good. I have read entire resource books in a matter of days and mixed oils for my friends and family. These oils have aided headaches, colds, asthma, cramps, anxiety, insomnia and more. I have found a friend in them and learned to rely on them in many situations. The best part is that I have not experienced a side effect yet!


Then our insurance company dropped the alternative medicine portion of our plan and I was lost. And I cannot (will not) afford that one brand, even though I loved it when I used it. I think highly of those oils and anyone who offers them, but I had to find something easier on my checkbook.

I am not one to tout other companies very often, especially on my blog. But after a little anxiety and much research I have found a wonderful company that produces quality products for good prices with many sales. Though I am not going to specifically name them, I will specifically link them from here so that if you wish to give the oil world a try, there will be an easy route from here. I recommend them and enjoy their products regularly. So there you have it, my one blog about the essentials!

No comments:

Post a Comment