Wednesday, June 25, 2014

When Sore Trials Come Upon You

I am normally one who likes to concentrate on the positive and see the good in life. Even when things are hard, I like to put a positive spin on it, and look for the blessings that have come from it. I will always look for silver linings. I will always look for good.

BUT. I have had trials. Many of them. From the day to day struggles of every day life to health issues to loss and loneliness.  I am like the rest of the world and have been tested to past what I thought my limit was. I have been dragged through Hell. I have lived through things I thought would kill me. No one is immune. No one's life is perfect.

The date today is one that has traditionally been extremely bittersweet for me. It signifies the occurrence of one of the greatest joys I've experienced and one of the most devastating losses I've ever endured.

I am not going to burden my readers with the details, but be assured I know first hand what loss is. I know the bitter taste of loneliness and the heart~wrenching, soul~twisting feeling of utter despair. I do not want to get dramatic or melancholy, but want it to be known I am not just a sympathizer~but a true empathizer of pain.

That being said, and I hope understood, I will testify that there is always hope. There is always a way out of the darkness. There is a God, and He can love you through anything. He can show you light in the darkest of places.  I'm a believer that once you have had part of your heart ripped out-you never get over it-but you can get THROUGH it. And come out the other side knowing you were blessed. Knowing who loves you. Knowing you have strength in ways you never dreamed you could.

One more thing I've found out. Service really does help. By some divine coincidence I always seem to do some kind of service on this day. Today it was several hours of hard, physical, hot work with a youth group and a scout working for his Eagle. If nothing else it helped keep my mind from wondering to that dark place it escapes to sometimes. But it made me feel good too.

So today I'm okay. The hurt is always present but it has been patched over with the kindness of others, the blessings from God, the hope of the future, and the realization that I am getting through. Seeing the blessings. Seeing the light. I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! Heather I thought of book that has changed my life in wonderful ways. I want to recommend it to you if you ever have the time. It is a story of the power of love as well as the power of forgiveness. It is also told from the author's standpoint of Unmending the veil that we sometimes put up between ourselves and God. The book's title is Unmending The Veil by Lisa Heaton. It is a Christian based fiction book with an amazing life lesson to apply. We put a veil up between ourselves and God stitch by stitch until the veil is completely zippered closed. The stitches actually represent the sad, disappointing and hurtful and sometimes devastating things that happen to us. She has an online study guide that is free that helps us as indviduals take down that veil stitch by stitch until we can see Him clearly again. You probably have all of your stitches down already. I've just rediscovered some of mine. I hope you will check into it. I would loan you mine but it is on my kindle. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am checking on it for my Kindle. Thank you Lainie. I love you too!

      Delete