Monday, April 21, 2014

We Are (Still) Family!

I had the most fabulous opportunity last week when my dad's 3 brothers made the trek from various parts of California and Nevada to see him (and in turn, the rest of us.) We haven't seen much of them since I became an adult~mostly because the circumstances of life and locations have made us less accessible to each other. I have always adored my 3 uncles. They are handsome, fun, creative, and just plain wonderful men. Though we have shared a few hours together here and there over the last several years, I have felt slightly removed from them, so I was a little bit nervous (yet extremely excited) for our reunion.

As is usually the case with me, I worried for no reason. When we arrived at my mom's to see "the brothers" there was a peace upon entering the front door. I walked in and saw my father with his 3 brothers together again~ just as it should be. I knew without a doubt that their parents were smiling down from Heaven. I could feel their joy permeating the room. There were hugs and kisses, stories and jokes, and I knew that even with all the miles that separate us, we are still very much and in every way FAMILY. I cannot thank my uncles enough for taking the time to bring us together. There are most certainly many times when LOVE is definitely enough. Love you guys!
This photo is one of my treasures!
Left to right: my dad, Dennis, Kerry and Roc

1 comment:

  1. It was an enjoyable road trip. Things never change, events in life sometimes do..... I agree that all things in life can separate us.... There is always a love in life that permeates us all.....
    "What I saw," my beautiful nieces, their children, and it was as nothing had ever changed.... There was understanding and talk, there was a great bond that we all know,,,,,, Our nieces were still vibrant, with their husbands, their children just as I remembered them...... Except that they all have grown...... Life sometimes does interfere, in such dreams that we all have.... Traditions are held, despite all things...... The greatest time is when the three brothers took the tour, on a one day loop....
    Yes three states, in a matter of hours...... times talked, and remembering all things that we have been through in life...... There are always things that we want to do, and yes we have to make the pledges to get them done..... But as all things have been created, it is still what we all want for each other...... But out of the best of it all? We must hang on to the Heritage, "Our Heritage..." The best pictures of life, are never the ones that we take, but the ones that we have in our memory.....
    We love you all, Kerry & Oraphin....
    The hardest part sometimes, is we must learn to be still.........

    ReplyDelete