Monday, July 27, 2015

Amendment

This will be short and sweet....I was quite happy with my last blog about the past being the past. I need to tell my self that very thing on a very regular basis so that I can continue to move forward.
Blessings from my past that continue to stay with me. I love you my family!

BUT...there are a few things I need to add.

-The things in my past that have caused pain have also been filled with great life lessons, lots of love, blessings, miracles, and amazing people. As I said, there is pain included in these scenarios, but the pain is something I try really hard not to focus on. I just wanted to acknowledge that pain is often a part of the past, that loss never really leaves, and that it is a normal part of life whether making mistakes or not.

-I do not, and I repeat, DO NOT blame anyone or any experience in my life for any mistakes that I made. I take ownership, and though some of my mistakes caused pain for the people that I love, these people were not the cause for anything that I did or experienced. I wish desperately that no one else had ever had to feel any kind of sting from my decisions, but I am ever so grateful for the people that have continued to love, support and encourage me during every part of my life. Thank you for helping me to know who I could become.

-I am grateful for the past. It has taught me so very much. I am grateful for the love that has stuck with me from the past. Joy can be had from things of the past. And remembering the past is okay. Living in it is not.

Amended.

2 comments: